President & Chief Executive Officer
Andrew Stewart is a shareholder and serves as the President & Chief Executive Officer of Stewart Engineers.
Andrew is one of the world’s leading experts in tin bath and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) design and the engineering, construction, and commissioning of green-field float glass manufacturing facilities. He leads Stewart Engineers’ business development and strategic initiatives. As President of Stewart Engineers since 2001, Andrew has expanded Stewart Engineers’ business from a supplier of tin bath technology to a leading provider of turnkey float glass facility solutions including on line CVD coating technology.
Andrew joined Stewart Engineers in 1994 and moved to Shenzhen, China where, resident for two years, he successfully completed the site installation on the second StewartFloat® tin bath project at Shenzhen Southern Float Glass Company.
Andrew graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering in 1994.
Accomplishments & Expertise
- Managed the design, construction, and commissioning of 17 StewartFloat® projects and 4 AcuraCoat® on-line coating projects. All of these industrial projects were for foreign clients primarily in China and emerging markets
- Formed strategic partnerships with leading technology firms to accelerate the technical growth of Stewart Engineers
- Led design, engineering, and development of the Advanced AcuraCoat® CVD System
- Implemented risk management methods and best practices including training the Stewart Engineers team
- Continuous development of strategic relationships with key suppliers, customers, agents, and glass traders
- Directs sales team and leads contract negotiations
- Leads planning and resource allocation