Turnkey Facility Update — Orda Glass Jan 2018
Exciting News Entering 2018:
Stewart Engineers, Inc. (“Stewart Engineers”) has achieved a number of milestones on the Orda Glass Kyzylorda, Kazakhstan float glass project thus far:
- Sourcing of process suppliers: Stewart Engineers for the tin bath, CVD, and control system; Bottero for cutting and packing; Lahti for the batching; CNUD for the lehr; and TECO for the melter
- Design of integrated processes
- All engineering work, including civil specifications, were approved by Kazakhstan state expertise
- Equipment fabrication
- Process steel fabrication
- All process equipment delivered to site (over 800 containers)
- Process steel installation
Stewart Engineers completed all milestones on time and on budget. The project is now in transition, as further progress is contingent upon the successful transfer of civil works from ShymkentKhimMontazh to China Triumph. Upon recommencement of civil works, Stewart Engineers can begin installation of sensitive process equipment that must be protected from the elements.
An aerial view of the Orda Float Glass Facility as of late December 2017
More images of the project:
About Stewart Engineers, Inc.
Stewart is a diversified global engineering company with leading positions in float glass and on-line CVD coating systems. Drawing on more than 30 years of glass and coating engineering knowledge, Stewart has devoted its expertise on developing core glass and glass coating technologies. The company is located in Wake Forest, North Carolina – USA.